Thursday 31 August 2017

Healing Tea

I have had the best week. I got to fly to my home town and visit my family. My BFF's little boy (who I have claimed as my nephew) turned 2 years old and we got to celebrate together! Unfortunately I picked up the flu somewhere along the way and have been drinking lots and lots of tea. For those who know me well, know that I love tea. It is not uncommon for me to have 10-15 types of tea in my cupboard at one time. When I am sick though, I like to make my own concoctions up. Today's recipe, is one of those teas. It has peppermint (which is a natural decongestant, fever reducer and can help with nausea), ginger (a natural anti-inflammatory and can help treat nausea), lemon (to reduce phlegm) and honey (which is good for soothing sore throats and suppressing coughing). Here is how I make it!

Healing tea recipe (per cup)

Ingredients

  • 2 tsp of dried peppermint, or loose leaf peppermint tea
  • 2 tsp of organic honey
  • 1 tsp of fresh grated ginger
  • 1 tbsp of fresh lemon juice
  • 250ml boiling water

Method

  1. Place all ingredients into a tea pot and steep for 5 min. 
  2. Strain tea, before drinking.
  3. If using fresh peppermint leave, steep time can be increased to 7min, and peppmint leave can be left in tea for drinking. 



Love Mandym

No comments:

Post a Comment